Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bean


Bean

We could have burnt the earth and sky
but distance got unfair
were left here with 'we could have's
and this emptiness that now we share

We could have melted the north and south
but polarity proved we can't
were left here with smokes and cold charcoals
and thousand kisses left unsent

there could have been 'US'

We could have shared 'good morning' smiles
and a million sweet kisses , hugs and hellos
I'm left here staring at the sun
for parting reasons that i don't know

I could have not been writing this korny poem
but there's just so many 'could have been'
distance never mattered to me my dear
but for now that'll remain unseen

we could have been...

yey!!

photo courtesy of Mei Matsouka

6 comments:

Administrator said...

now that is so poetic
what a nice piece to read
so bert just keep on going
and write what should have been ;)

jam said...

Bert, there is no such thing as what should have been. There is only that choice you made, or she made, and we have no choice but to live up to it.

But it that wonder of the road not chosen inspired you to make sentimental poems, then maybe it's something worth dwelling on, the pain I mean.

Bert Añasco said...

I originally wanted to write this poem to my lola :D but then it grew to cover this korni thing I'm feeling for a girl who is sadly miles away ehehehe ...

Yanadoodles said...

Drawing is cute. ^_^
POem--kinda dramatic,as it's supposed to be. Hehe.
Hmn...wait. the title, BEAN, is that a, hmn..comic way of saying BEEN?
And by the way, I think, it's "corny". I mean, not "korny". ^_^

Bert Añasco said...

tagalog kasi dapat siya eh..teka e-Italics ko :D

♥jona-apriL♥ said...

this is really such a nice poem berto...you're right i can really relate to this...it felt nice talking to you about my long-time burden...it really felt nice talking to someone who had experienced the same thing that I'm in right now...and for that...muchisimas gracias amigo!